Code of practice
1. To observe strictly the confidence of every client at all times.
2. To observe at all times the basic rights of clients as consumers.
3. To render good service at all times and make fair charges in respect of services rendered and merchandise supplied.
4. To ensure that advertising is always in good taste. No sensational, offensive or misleading advertising is permitted.
5. To provide clients with full and fair information about service. To have readily available price lists covering the basic funeral and all other types of coffins, caskets and services provided.
6. To display in the public area of our premises, price lists which will show both the total price for the funeral service and the cost of the principle constituent items.
7. To give a written estimate of all funeral charges and disbursements to be make on client's behalf, together with written confirmation of the funeral arrangements in each and every case, as soon as is practicable before the day of the funeral. No contractual agreement will have been entered into until this has been accepted by the client.
8. To provide all clients with an itemised account in a form readily comparable with the estimate.
9. To refrain from soliciting funeral orders or offering or giving any reward for recommendation to persons or organisations such as health service establishments, nursing homes or coroner's offices etc.
10. To display to the general public the Association's logo to demonstrate observance of this Code of Practice.
11. To co-operate at all times with Trading Standards Offices, Citizens Advise Bureau, Consumer support groups and any other body or organisation representing clients in the resolution of complaints or disputes.
12. To partake in, and abide by, the conciliation, independent arbitration and disciplinary procedures of the Association in the resolution of any complaints or disputes between a client and funeral director(s).